PROPOSED ANTHOLOGY IN HOMAGE OF ANDRÉ DEVAUX AND SIMONE WEIL—AND ALL THOSE WHOSE COLLABORATION HAS HELPED TO GIVE EVER RENEWED LIFE TO THE CAHIERS POUR L’ÉTUDE DE LA PENSÉE DE SIMONE WEIL – From their beginnings in June, 1978, Tome I –No. 1)
1. ANDRÉ-A. DEVAUX (1921-2017) JEAN TAVERNIER… TOME XXXX – No. 4 DÉC. 2017… INCLUDING VARIOUS ARTICLES BY PROF. DEVAUX (already translated into Spanish and appearing in our blog www.institutosimoneweil.net —in restoration process— also to be presented in English).
2. ALAIN BIROU… A selection of Father Alain Birou’s writings, some already partially or wholly translated in Spanish and published in our blog presently under restoration.
3. CIVILIZATIONS THAT INSPIRE I-IV …TOMES XXXVII–No. 1 et No. 2 , Mars et Juin, 2014
[First two volumes, Sept. and Dec. 2013 missing from our library .]
4. ECONOMY, ECOLOGY, CRITIQUE OF CAPITALISM IN SIMONE WEIL. I-IV
I TOME XXXIX – No 3, SEPTEMBRE 2016 II TOME XXXIX No. 4, DECEMBRE 2016
III TOME XXXX – No. 1, MARS 2017 IV TOME XXXX – No. 2, JUIN 2017
5. READING The Need for Roots I – IV
I TOME XXXVIII – No. 3, SEPTEMBRE 2015 II No. 4——————DECEMBRE 2015
III ——–XXXIX— No. 1, MARS 2016 IV——————– No. 2, JUIN 2016
6. SIMONE WEIL : RELIGIONS: AN APPROACH (I – IV)
I TOME XXXX – No. 3, SEPTEMBRE 2017 II TOME XLI –No. 1————MARS 2018
III TOME XLI – No. 2 — JUIN 2018 IV TOME XLI – No. 2——-SEPTEMBRE 2018
As pertains to series 3 to 6, I think we would progress with one volume from each tome parallel with the rest, and each translator –to English or to Spanish—would be invited to select a format best suiting him/her: summaries with direct quotes from the original or complete versions following the original as closely as possible.The team(s) would operate as training opportunities in the laborious undertaking of translating without betraying the original. Recognition awarded to all along with opportunities to reflect upon important aspects of Simone Weil’s reflections as well as that of many other thinkers of increasing relevance for us today.
ANOTHER WORLD IS POSSIBLE. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE AWS MEMBERS WHO ENJOYS READING THE CAHIERS IN FRENCH, I HOPE YOU WILL WANT TO JOIN OUR EFFORTS TO TRY AND MAKE SURE SO MUCH FINE REFLECTION REACHES MORE PEOPLE THROUGHOUT THE PLANET. Instituto Simone Weil, A.C. Valle de Bravo, Mx. 51200 (p.o. box #8), email@example.com